Our mission is to ensure that students of different nationalities grow to their full potential as independent learners in a caring British international community.
We develop Global citizens who shape their world through independence, empathy, creativity, and critical thinking.
Protected, safe and secure
Motivated and engaged
Responsible and honest
Kind and compassionate
Balanced and fulfilled
Inquisitive and creative
Critical, reflective thinkers
Collaborative and confident communicators
Passionate, resourceful and resilient
Committed to integrity
Diverse and inclusive
Ethical and informed
Empowered by our Interculturalism Inspired to improve global sustainability
Respectful contributors to digital and local communities
Student safeguarding and safe recruitment
Bangkok Patana School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff to share the same commitment.
As part of the recruitment process applicants must provide:
- The name and contact details of three referees. One referee should be the applicant's current or most recent employer. In addition to the written references, referees may be contacted to obtain a verbal reference.
- An up-to-date DBS Disclosure if from UK or police check.
- Documentation from universities and colleges verifying attendance and successful completion of courses undertaken.
- An up-to-date medical.
For August 2017, Bangkok Patana School seeks a dedicated professional who is committed to ensuring students reach their full potential and creating a stimulating and positive learning environment, which is child-centred. The willingness to be an effective team player and work closely with parents is essential.
Primary Aquatics Instructor
Responsible to: Head Swimming Coach and Primary Leader of Learning (PE).
Teaching Commitment: Varies
Role & Position in the Organisation:
Be a member of the coaching team for the School’s Swimming programme.
- Teach curriculum swimming to all age groups as reasonably supervised and directed by the Primary PE Leader of Learning in liaison with Assistant Principal, Sports and Activities and Head Coach;
- Coach the competitive swim team (TigerSharks and TigerPrawns) and when required attend meets both locally and overseas;
- Assist the PE departments with the administration of events and activities;
- Provide 1:1 support for those students who require it.
Responsibilities, by area :
Goal I: We focus on continually improving learning
Strategic Area 1 – Teaching and Learning – The Instructor will
- be aware of the School’s Guiding Statements and promote them wherever possible;
- teach swimming and water safety as required;
- ensure that the curricular schemes of work and coaching programmes are delivered accurately;
- ensure that the most age appropriate teaching and coaching methods are used in the delivery of the programme;
- follow the positive approach to behaviour management as outlined in the Staff Handbook;
- conduct student assessments, record and report on student progress;
- coach students who attend the ECA programme;
- as a member of the PE team from time to time you will be required to contribute to department sporting events, Eg: Sports Day and Inter-class Sports
Strategic Area 2 – Professional – The Instructor will
- maintain current training qualifications to ensure quality up-to-date delivery of coaching sessions/lessons to students;
- attend the student safeguarding and child protection induction training and any other health and safety training that is needed;
- adhere to the school’s Professional Standards;
- act as an ambassador for the school by demonstrating the highest professional standards;
- play an active role in their own personal development through the School’s Performance Management System.
Strategic Area 3 – Culture and Communication – The Instructor will
- maintain regular communication with the Primary PE Leader of Learning and the Head Coach and other members of the PE Departments through attendance and contribution at meetings;
- communicate professionally with parents under the guidance of the Primary PE Leader of Learning and Head Coach, being mindful to support the goals of the programme;
- communicate respectfully with all colleagues;
- utilise the line management structure in place to raise any concerns
Goal II - We align our structures, policies and practices to support learning
Strategic Area 1- Policy and Planning – The Instructor will
- ensure that all lessons and coaching sessions are planned and delivered to the standards expected by Bangkok Patana School;
- maintain records of attendance, performance and progress;
- plan sessions which follow procedures and processes outlined in School policies.
- plan and deliver curriculum theme weeks, swimming galas and other special activities.
Strategic Area 2- Finance and Resources – The Instructor will
- assist in equipment audits and suggest any resources required
Strategic Area 3 – Admissions – The Instructor will
- support any new students joining their teaching or coaching groups
Strategic Area 4 – Health and Safety – The Instructor will
- ensure equipment is maintained in good condition and report any damage or losses
- maintain standards of safety at all times as per school policy;
- follow Bangkok Patana School’s child safeguarding guidelines;
Strategic Area 5 – Facilities – The Instructor will
- assist in overseeing the preparation of facilities for the delivery of lessons/coaching sessions and special events
These duties will be developed into short and longer-term targets in consultation with the post holder